Wednesday 15 May 2013

The Next Generation

The next generation of consoles already started with the Wii-U but let's face it, I hardly care about the Wii-U, it's not like the Wii before it where I was intrigued by it and that I had to purchase it as it'd be the only way to play the latest Super Smash Brothers and that was all I really wanted to play at the time.

I didn't get the Wii at release date but a bit afterwards but well in advance of the Super Smash Brothers Brawl release date just so I was ready and prepared for when it came out. I do not feel this with the Wii-U, maybe part of it is because there isn't an actual release date for the Wii-U edition of the popular franchise but I feel a large part is due to the fact that for me the Wii-U is extremely underwhelming and doesn't really have any real stand out reason for me to go and purchase one right now. Sure, it has Zombi U which does actually look interesting to me and I played a bit at Eurogamer and it's worth a look at but I really don't want to be getting a console again just for one real game again, I want it to already have a plethora of great titles and must have games, something that personally I feel the Wii-U fails at.

So that leaves the PS4 and the NeXtbox and the decision is a pretty easy one for once as I will opt to go for both of them (maybe not at the same time though) which means the question is which do I play more often and to be honest there is never an easy answer to this. In terms of my top consoles at the end of every generation it was the Mega Drive, PS1, PS2 (though I absolutely adored the Gamecube) and then the Xbox 360 so maybe I'll go back the PS4 for this generation but again it depends on a lot of things.

The deciding factor in a lot of this will be the exclusive games each console gets, right now it's seeming like the NeXtbox has my vote because Left 4 Dead, Forza and many others are just great games that are going to be on that console plus I've considered certain franchises a must get and Final Fantasy and Tekken are some that are amongst that list. If they are exclusive to the PS4 then so be it, that's what I'll get.

The key date is May 21st because that is when Microsoft are planning to reveal their new console so when May 21st then I shall probably have a better idea as to what to do when it comes to choosing the console.

Anyway that’s all for this entry, this is the Silver Assassin signing out, over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment