Sunday 19 May 2013

Too many voices, not enough action

Ahhh I think that match sums up our season really, good spells and the potential is there but ultimately if a little bit more application and effort is shown by certain people then we would do so much better.

The final score today was 3-3 and also of note is how I finally scored after however many games it was but as always I forget about those goals as quickly as I score them and focus on the chances I missed.

I wanted to win but it was apparent from the kickoff that not everyone shared my sentiments as the attitude of some players in the squad is poor. Next year that has got to stop, as I said in my last Samba Magician video I know what I'll be doing to improve myself and that's the attitude a lot of people don't seem to take. They seem to think they are faultless and blameless but it's often the ones who think that aren't really.

Players still remain too static when I'm in possession of the ball, also they do not make intelligent runs. But let's not put the entire blame on them because lately I've not been threading the passes as well as I used to and I’ll work on that but sorry to say this but I find myself not being able to trust a fair few of you to do the right thing with it and not waste it, case in point, their third goal came when ten minutes left to go we were 3-2 up and we had a corner, I notice that nobody instantly came for the short corner just so we could waste some time which I was disappointed in, people really have got to think and react quicker. Anyway I crunch some numbers in my head and spy a player on the edge of the box unmarked with the nearest defender some ways away and instantly pass the ball to him as I had done so earlier in the game with Ryan Hill. Oh good the ball was perfect, we had the element of surprise, just shoot...oh god he's backing off...what wait stop backing off, come to the ball, come to the ball, there's a defender behind you, take the shot dammit...nope...took too long and the counter attack lead to them getting a corner and then them proceeding to score from it...though it was an own goal...sometimes I wonder if I place too much trust in some people.

So really you guys need to step up your game, if only just to force me to do so as well. I try my best no matter what but it does seem a bit futile when I run about and then see another player walk around like they're having a casual Sunday morning stroll and it makes me think why bother.

Next year will be different, three quarters of the players in this league are junk and that always boosts my confidence however football is a team game so that really means nothing.

But let's end on a positive note though and what made me smile asides my goal was when we were 3-2 up with time running out, the ball found its way back to our goalkeeper who naturally didn't pick it up and I was thinking "cool, why pick it up straight away" and then he starts to do stepovers in an effort to mock the other team. I didn't say anything but I was quite amused and disappointed with that. "Is it because it shows a lack of respect to the other team?" Oh no no no no no no nooo, I was disappointed because Tommy didn't do the step overs properly. I was just thinking, listen son if you're going to do something like that go the whole way and do it with some conviction, you can't be an entertainer if you go into these things half arsed. There's a lesson for you.

Anyhoo that's it, ladies and gentlemen I am the Samba Magician, accept no substitutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment