Thursday 6 June 2013

MCM Expo May 2013

Woo, the MCM expo was pretty cool, I made a point of making sure I was attending things I wanted to attend and not do what I did last time which was just wander around aimlessly I mean it's fun to wander aimlessly at these sort of events as there is always wacky stuff going on and that.

So the solution to that was to get a timetable and actually know what events were going to happen and plan the day around events I wanted to go to. Surprising for someone that adores video games I actually didn't play that many games there. It wasn't so much to do with the lack of decent games or anything like that as I still managed to play the soon to be released Deadpool game but it was then when I playing it, I was like...yeah I can't be bothered with this.

I queued up for about 20 minutes just to get five minutes on it and even then I didn't use the whole 5 minutes because I had lost the desire to play and I was thrust in the middle of someone else's playthrough meaning I had little to no clue as to what to do and I was NOT going to spend my time trying to figure it out.

So when that happened I was like yeah I'm not doing this queuing thing especially if I'm by myself, I'm only going to really want to do that at Eurogamer for games I really really really want to play.

I still managed to play a fair few other games such as Game and Wario on the Wii-U and I have to say that I'm liking the Wii-U more and more in comparision to the PS4 and the Xbox One. I briefly played a demo of the 3DS game Project X Zone but the demo was so limited in what I could do so I gave up and moved on. Besides, it's got a whole bunch of Tekken characters in it, it's an RPG yeah I know I'm going to get it anyway, no point in me continuing with it. Those were the only three games I played in the course of the 3 days.

There were a bunch of other things to do as well and I spent my time doing and watching various things such I went to this Beginners class on how to draw manga characters which was cool but it focused more on how to colour in already drawn characters so while interesting it didn't really help me.

There were a bunch of events going on the game stage such as game presentations and Q&A for The Last Of Us which is an PS3 exclusive by Naughty Dog, you know, the ones who made Uncharted: Drakes Fortune which I’ve got to play at some point...and more importantly Crash Bandicoot! The game itself is looking gorgeous and they played a bit of the first 'level' for want of a better word and while I don't think anything new was shown the game is looking more and more awesome whenever I see it. This is one PS3 game I'm buying at release.

I also saw Lego Marvel Super Heroes which they played the first level and to be honest with you there's not much to be said about it asides that it looks alright and I'd buy it and see how it goes from there.

I also did a bunch of other stuff like I went to a question and answer panel on the webcomic Homestuck where people would answer questions about anything and they'd do it in character. I'm stuck in early days in the webcomic so a fair few of the jokes went sailing over my head but regardless is was a very fun atmosphere and it was a very positive vibe, only criticism of it and something I tend to notice a lot is how people don't speak into the microphone properly, for me it kinda ruined it as some people weren't speaking into it meaning no one could hear what was being said.

I also went to this How to make a Webseries/30 minute film school thing where while it was more for film buffs and that but it was still very interesting and the presentation was very well done. Also Mr Weebl gave a very interesting talk about all sorts and we got to preview his latest videos on his channel. I walked in his presentation and I was like 'Oh yeah, this is the same guy that did Badger, Badger, Badger and Amazing Horse', Pretty cool.

Finally I also went to a Merlin panel which had the guy who played Percival in it, I forget his name (look it up) and Modred. Gawaine was supposed to be there but he bailed out so it was just the two of them answering questions and it was good because it wasn't like they were bored or going through the motions, they were actually entertaining answering questions as best as they can and being electric.

Anyway the weekend was a great one and while I'm hoping to go in October it will depend on a lot of things like who I'm going with and what events are actually going to be there but we'll see. That's all I have to say about the MCM expo for now so until next time, King Lawliet out.

No comments:

Post a Comment