Saturday 8 June 2013

We Could Be Heroes

Superheros, I love the mythology behind them and the larger than life characters they are and how they bring excitement and fantasy to an otherwise mudane, dreary and quite cynical world.

Anything involving superheroes will pique my curiosity and of course that includes films, games and all sorts. One of the more intriguing questions for superhero fans is Marvel or DC? I know some that like Marvel, I know some that like DC.

Personally I couldn't say I have a preference but as of late I have been enjoying my fair share of DC with Injustice, watching the Batman film, getting the New 52 collection which I eagerly anticipate reading. I look through my collections and I notice how I've actually got more DC than Marvel and by that I really mean Batman who would be among my favourites superheroes/villain along with Zatanna and Bane and Black Adam

Actually, I don't think I have any Marvel comics which thinking about it is strange because my favourite story would be the X-Men series, whether it was the old X-Men show on Fox, X-Men Evolution on Cartoon Network through to the X-Men films and the later X-Men First Class.

I really want to get a compendium or omnibus or whatever that has the whole story like how they did it with Batman Knight Fall or The Walking Dead rather than read the comics individually and end up paying a fortune for them.

I remember reading about some of the stories on Wikipedia so I understood the general gist of it and I'd then want to read the actual story because the premise just sounded so interesting. I still yearn to get and read House of M and Decimation, Messiah Complex, Days Of Future Past although that story is being adapted for the big screen so I'll get to watch that at least.

Not only that but I really enjoyed Iron Man so I would like to read more but again, only if I can find a collection rather than the individual comic, like at the MCM expo I saw plenty of Marvel comics...well I say plenty, there wasn't that many of them and along with that I felt that the price that they were asking was a bit too dear for my tastes so a lot of the times I pass. I did see an Age of Apocalypse collection which was an X-Men storyline I think it was at one of the stands at the London Film and Comic con last year but I had to pass because they were asking in excess of a hundred pounds so that was always going to be a no.

I'm still keen on finding collections at decent prices and like I said before I've got the New 52 which I see mentioned a fair few times in the Injustice game so I'm looking forward to reading all this. But until next time, King Lawliet out

No comments:

Post a Comment